Contact Women in Film Seattle
1216 10th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98122
WHAT WE DO
Women in Film Seattle promotes, supports, and mentors members by offering a busy calendar of events, programs and classes.
Our programs include:
- WIF's “The Second Tuesday” (TST) is a monthly gathering aimed at connecting members and peers
- Professional member screenings
- Educational workshops and seminars
- Special events that laud the work of female filmmakers
- An annual grant for professional members
- The Nell Shipman Awards ceremony, celebrating excellence in film and video in the Pacific Northwest (on hiatus)
- Post Alley Film Festival (PAFF), a festival dedicated to female-centric short films
- Support of the annual Seattle International Film Festival, including sponsored events
- Support of regional girls and women’s groups
In addition, we strive to provide valuable news and information to our members and promote our members and their projects. We do this via our website, newsletter, social media, and ongoing communiqués to our members.
Women in Film Seattle began its third decade in 2016, continuing its support of women’s work, the female voice, and female leadership. WIF Seattle is one of 40 chapters of Women in Film and Television (WIFTI), a global network with over 14,000 members dedicated to advancing professional development and achievement for women working in all areas of film, video, and other screen-based media. The first Women in Film organization was founded in 1973 by Tichi Wilkerson Kassel, publisher of The Hollywood Reporter.